20.10.09

Taize prayer from Monday


Holy Spirit, Creator, In the beginning you moved over the waters. Holy Spirit, come! Holy Spirit, Creator, from your breath all creatures drew their life. Fill us anew! Holy Spirit, Counselor, by your inspiration the prophets bore witness to the Word of God. Empower us in our witness!
O Lord hear my prayer. O Lord hear my prayer. When I call, answer me.



Holy Spirit, you prepared the Virgin Mary to become the mother of our Lord. Prepare us for our ministries. Holy Spirit, you descended upon Jesus on the day of his baptism. Descend upon your people afresh, here gathered.
O Lord hear my prayer. O Lord hear my prayer. When I call, answer me.



Holy Spirit, you led Christ into the desert; you assisted him in proclaiming the Kingdom. Lead us by still waters.
Holy Spirit, Christ promised you would always be with us and in us. Speak of this to us now.
Holy Spirit, you came down upon the apostles to gather them into a new communion, the Church. Nourish this community, your Church and the world.
O Lord hear my prayer. O Lord hear my prayer. When I call, answer me.



Holy Spirit, Comforter, you bring us to birth as God’s children. Help us to receive from the Father.
Holy Spirit, you make us a living sign of God’s presence. Help us reflect Jesus' light into a dark world.
Holy Spirit, you pray within us. Speak for us now.
O Lord hear my prayer. O Lord hear my prayer. When I call, answer me.



Holy Spirit, breathe upon us, such fragile ashes. Kindle into flame a godly power so that we might love with a godly love and serve each other with a Christ-like heart because through you, even the fears and the nights of our heart can become the dawn of new life. Bless us, all-loving God. Make our lives a living sign of your Christ through the power of your Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions