9.9.09

Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Something I am very interested in and which I am exploring at angelutterances.com here and here.

37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Wait, wait.

And when the Spirit came....wow! (Acts)

I have this really cheesy but fantastic song by Graham Kendrick called 'Is anyone thirsty?' and all the crowd cheer. I love it. Does anyone know it?

Listen to Terry Virgo on Baptism in the Holy Spirit

He has some good explanations of the New Testament Church's experiences of baptism in the Holy Spirit.

P.S. Just a warning: Virgo's concern, at the end of this interview, for university educated women (he's speaking to students) who go on to have babies and might think that they lose Jesus in all their involvement with nappies etc is not something I can relate to, but I think Terry's heart is in the right place. I had the opposite experience and felt God's presence particularly strongly through birth and baby days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions