15.7.09

I'm singing in the car...

I sing. In the shower. In the car. Anywhere really.
Just lately I have learnt to sing parts of Psalm 51 thanks to the Lord and a certain Graham Kendrick. I am also getting there with my 'God of the Empty Spaces' which at first I found a little disappointing, although I like the benedictus.

Psalm 51 bits

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy, the joy of your salvation

O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.

I guess it's not the sort of thing you often hear blasting through someone's sunroof at the traffic-lights!!

If anyone knows of any other resources ie psalms, prayers that are sung and on CD which I can learn so that eventually I might sing my way through most of the Daily Office, I would be grateful. Maybe I'm more of a closet Anglo-Catholic than those face-book quizzes realise, for at their latest prediction I am a liberal protestant. And all this time I figured I was an open evangelical - what's a girl to do with an Anglican identity-crisis ;)! Perhaps the same as the rest of the communion, really - just get on with it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions