4.6.09

Excuse the constant blogging - but I like this

I blog to take a break when I've set myself an all-day writing task. I know, some people walk, others drink coffee, I talk...talk...talk - it's therapeutic for me. I'm writing my Bap presentation on what God is up to on the web. I will talk a little about blogging, by the way, so I hope you do not mind me mentioning some of you to my panel...

Like this. Grove books send me their updated list of titles every now and then and always include jokes at the bottom:

Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.

Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

Glibido: All talk and no action.

Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.

Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.

Can you think of any others, I could read during my next break?

I've definitely experienced sarchasm, because in my world, anything is possible, I'm quite often receptive to what people say and do not always get it when they are being sarcastic. I experience gullibility (is that even a word?) too for similar reasons. Gullibullity would be a better word, I reckon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions