19.5.09

The Gender Reformation




I think that this sounds like an interesting book and might be required reading for the times when I nervously engage in debate over Gen 3:16 with John Richardson and David Ould. I think that there is a lot of important work to be done in challenging the gender roles that the Church has been seen to promote for the last couple of thousand years. If men and women are made in the image of God, then we have to work together in reflection of the equality within the trinity in which we confess belief.

ExcerptOne of the first articles I read when I experienced revival in my own relationship with Jesus and the Church was by Tom Wright who says:
'I do wonder, sometimes, if those who present radical challenges to Christianity have been all the more eager to make out that the Bible says certain things about women, as an excuse for claiming that Christianity in general is a wicked thing and we ought to abandon it.'

Tom Wright on Women's Service in the Church:the Biblical Basis


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions