Here are some of Olson's books and I know he can crop up on our bibliographies, so why not go direct. Olson has a blog and has joined Patheos along with Mike Bird, James McGrath and quite a few other published Seminary professors.
Olson has been particularly helpful for many of us as we negotiated our way through Tim Hull's module, brilliant as he is, there was a lot to get your head around - remember this:
- Finding God in the Shack: Seeking Truth in a Story of Evil and Redemption (2009) ISBN 0830837086
- Questions to All Your Answers: A Journey from Folk Religion to Examined Faith (2007) ISBN 0310273366
- Arminian Theology: Myths And Realities (2006) ISBN 0830828419
- The Mosaic of Christian Beliefs: Twenty Centuries of Unity & Diversity (2002) ISBN 0830826955
- The Story of Christian Theology Twenty Centuries of Tradition & Reform (1999) ISBN 0-8308-1505-8
- 20th-Century Theology: God and the World in a Transitional Age - (Olson & Grenz) (1997) ISBN 0830815252
Even if you do not comment on the blog, it's always a very nice thing to say thank you to these people every now and then for a book or two or their help with your essay, from reading their book, of course!
I wrote to Gilbert Bilezikian (founder of Willow Creek) who really did change my life (no exaggeration) with his 'Beyond Sex Roles: what the Bible says about a woman's place in church and society,' I know, it sounds a bit dodgy, but if you are wondering what God's plan is regarding women in his church this is a good read and meant that I started on the ordination process as a result, well, alongside prayer and other people's support, of course!
Dr Gilbert wrote back - I was really chuffed.
...so help yourself to the brains of Dr Olson - now at a blog near you!