19.1.11

MS

From ESS to MS, MS being Multiple Sclerosis. My dad has this condition, diagnosed when I was about 20. Today, I healed a little in terms of my own coming to terms with this, perhaps it was not even that, more that God through David Runcorn and Roy McCloughry challenged my confident evangelicalism, my name it, claim it, expect God to heal confidence. I have not quite worked all this out yet, only that I am learning more and more about grace and its exuberance and that I can not predict what grace will look like, what transformation will look like, that I have not eyes big enough, heart absorbent enough or horizons wide enough to begin to articulate our God at work.

You know those moments where the bridge drops down across a chasm of liminality and as you look back you see the place you were and recognise your happiness there but at the same time see that the bridge has been lifted again and now you stand in a different place where the grass feels more luxurious, today was one of those days. I am a little changed because of what I heard today from these two men, I think we all were. I will say no more but simply leave you with perhaps similar threads to those that were delicately woven today, in the form of a talk from the Enabling Church Conference, oh, and a link that is my father's response to his situation so focussed on enabling and being able because God does not see the prefix we attach but sees us with the widest of lenses.

1 comment:

Lucy Mills said...

"I am learning more and more about grace and its exuberance and that I can not predict what grace will look like, what transformation will look like, that I have not eyes big enough, heart absorbent enough or horizons wide enough to begin to articulate our God at work."

Wonderful way of putting it. Thank you so much for sharing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions