22.7.09

God was in the Silence

I definitely do not get enough of this. I crave more of it and I definitely need it at least a couple of times a week - SILENCE.

God does speak more loudly in the silence and one of the great things about the Bap was the ability to go to chapel right next to your room and talk with God or rather listen, for I needed some help.

When I first started college I found silence very difficult and generally I am a filler of gaps in conversations because it all starts feeling uncomfortable but now I relish silence and I am becoming more and more aware of the noise that is all around me. Rob Bell's 'Noise' was very helpful for the way that he articulates this essential element in our relationship with God. You can get to see the whole thing on Youtube but this is probably not legal so here I post a preview which I think is more legitimate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions