18.10.08

Politics and WWJD.




Paul Burleson writes wisely on the current political election wranglings between Christians and it is helpful for it reminds me of a time in 1996 when I was reading manifestos before voting in the General election. I asked the tutor, whom I was shadowing on teaching practic,e how he went about reaching his conclusions and he simply said, 'I'm a Christian so I will vote labour,' and I just didn't know what to say, so taken aback by the apparent simplicity of what I had conceived to be be a very complex decision I was embarking on making. Wayne Burleson has helped me to formulate what might be my response now to the man who said this to me, albeit a late response by 12 years or so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions