16.10.08

Dr Mark Greene from the london Institute for Contemporary Christianity on Boaz


Mark Greene delivered a sermon at St John's today on Ruth

For now I would like to frame his words with Colossians 3:23. God has been speaking powerfully through this verse, which I've encountered for the first proper time today, and then twice - I'm waiting for the third time - I usually get sent these things three times. I've been writing an All Age service on Moses and the Burning Bush today and how we all have our excuses but we all have a call on our lives - Jesus insists God calls us all to serve. Paul develops this idea by writing about whatever the circumstances of our lives and in those days it might have meant that you lived out your life as a slave or a submissive wife, you should do so, nevertheless to the best of your ability, doing it all as if for the Lord.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord... It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

This is at the heart of the service message for early November's All Ages. This was also coming very clearly through Mark Greene's sermon today.

The other point I took from it was "Just be patient and don't worry about what will happen. (Ruth 3:18)

God has been certainly speaking to me about my aching sense of calling today and saying to me he's more interested in me having a Colossians 22:3 attitude and Ruth-like patience.

I'm shattered so I will write up more about Mark Green's sermon tomorrow. It was really good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions