29.7.08

There are many reports tonight about Davis Mac-Iyalla, a Nigerian Anglican who is gay who has been granted political asylum in Britain and what has or has not been said by Akinola - big player at GAFCON.

It is very difficult to know what to believe, I'm just hoping I'm on side with Mac-Iyalla because I am convinced by his story alone and not because there is something in me that is suspicious about the objectives of GAFCON'S Akinola.

You can check out the stories here:

The Guardian
Ruth Gledhill blog
Ekklesia

I encourage you to read the comments as well, particularly to the Ruth Gledhill blog, which I found both illuminating and depressing, more the latter.

Here's another interesting post - very:
http://akinolarepent.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/uk-grants-asylum-to-davis-mac-iyalla-now-the-rest-of-the-story/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions