13.6.08

ROLE OF WOMEN DEBATE NEARLY FINISHED. I'M ONLY COVERING ONE TOPIC FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE MOVING ON SO GET YOUR POSTS IN QUICK

I've decided to dedicate the site to one idea for just two weeks and then move on. Otherwise, I will be pigeon-holed as 'that woman with the obsession over the women in ministry issue. I have felt called to provide a counter-argument so that people can more easily come to their own opinions. This is what I had to do when I first discerned my calling but was then exposed to teaching that women in leadership were behaving in ways contrary with scripture. I set myself a year to come to an opinion on the issue, read around, asked advice and came to my own opinion, regardless of what society or the church said and based purely on my own study of scripture and concluding that the Bible does not prohibit women from ministry.

There are a huge number of sermons broadcast on the web these days and some of these are sure to get us thinking. You might bring to blog other issues or ideas you have about how to live out the Christian life. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear about them. Otherwise, I'm sure I will find something interesting about which we can voice our ideas and share our experiences. Happy blogging!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions