18.6.08

I found this pertinent from the CBE scroll

For me the gender stuff and role teachings provoked a whole variety of spiritual growth issues. ...it caused a re-examination of faith in general and a search that led me to re-evaluate core teachings of the church and theological assumptions etc. While I did not abandon faith in Jesus, I stopped basing everything I believed on sanctioned experts.

I began a journey to know my faith for myself, much has been revised in my own thinking. I know my beliefs more thoughtfully and I am less dependent on other spiritual knowers and christian gurus. I hang on to Jesus more and my trust rests more in him than people. It's a better more secure place.

but lots of folks who have not been on this journey don't get me.

CBE SCROLL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading so we might mutually flourish when there are different opinions