4.11.17

Sunday service 10:30 November 5th 2017

Do join us tomorrow for a special time with guest speaker Ann Clifford. We will share time together looking at the mysteries of life and death and thanking God for those we love and have loved.
Excerpts from Ann’s book:
When I gaze at myself in the mirror, I see a person who is ageing. I don’t like it, I don’t want it, but it is happening. I do not want to try to appear younger, I do not want to pretend or hide from the truth. I want to be me, a me at peace at every stage of my life. As I considered how I would tackle this, a God-lover of many years, I found this quotation by Eugene Peterson. When I read these words from his wonderful and inspiring book about the prophet Jeremiah, my heart leapt. "We do not deteriorate. We do not disintegrate. We become." Eugene H. Peterson
The notion of that being fulfilled in my dying, my resurrection and new life in a new heaven and a new earth, fills me with courage and hope. Don’t get me wrong. I am not eager to die. I am married. I love my husband even though we have been together for aeons. I adore my two grown-up married children and their partners. Their lives are rich and interesting. Babies are being born. We love all being together. Whenever we are together at the same time I raid the supermarket, I kill the ‘fatted calf’. We celebrate because life can be magnificent, and being together is one of life’s greatest joys. Allow me a moment to digress – in life let’s all celebrate more. It’s fun and life-enhancing. Great forever memories. What do you love? What do you live for?
I live for relationship. Life happens. It is difficult, painful, joyous, terrible, exciting, troublesome, frustrating, amazing, shocking, tragic, any number of adjectives, and people die. We all need an anchor. Where is yours? ‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms.’ John 14:1–2

Time to Live by Ann Clifford
Available in bookshops and for Kindle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.
A little background reading on the two theological integrities in the Church of England regarding women in ministry.